Apr 7, 2009

Asthma and C-Sections

I was just reading my Parent magazine for April and came across this little article. I thought I would just share it in case you don't get the magazine. It says babies who are born by cesarean are 80% more likely to develop asthma by age 8 than those born vaginally. It goes on to say that researchers believe that babies born vaginally are exposed to microorganisms in the birth canal that help prime the immune system. Who knew??
I have a child right now that has asthma and she was not born by cesarean.We can thank you father for that one.Its amazing what researchers find huh.

1 comment:

Alona said...

I guess I'm one of those lucky 20% c-section babies! :O No asthma for me!

"E"

  A few weeks ago our granddaughter " E " came to church with us. She is at the stage where so mimics other people. This day was n...